WHAT ARE WE, THEN, IN GOD’S EYES?
- Are we GUILTY, and thus should be judged?
- Or, are we HIS CHILDREN, whom He loves so much?
→→ THESE 2 QUESTIONS WILL BE ANSWERED THROUGH OUT THIS POST, READ ON! ☺
Romans 3:23 says:
23for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
—Can anyone proudly say that he/she have never ever lied? Even the one who says that they have never lied, is a lie in itself! Everybody is guilty, ALL HAVE SINNED.
—and what is the penalty of sin? we see the answer in the first part of:
23For the wages of sin is death
(and this, not only physical death but eternal death)
♥♥♥ BUT OUR GOD IS A GRACIOUS, FORGIVING, AND MERCIFUL GOD. HE DOESN'T END EVERYTHING THERE, OR ELSE WE CAN’T SAY THAT WE ARE LIVING IN THE LIGHT OF THE GOOD NEWS (THE GOSPEL OF THE GRACE OF GOD).
—How do we solve this problem? We don’t. God solved the problem, as it says in
16“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
—Jesus Christ, the God-man, died for our sins, you and I.. so that we may not be judged according to our transgressions.(2Corinthians5:21).
• • • Notice that it didn’t say, “For God so loved the world that He gave his one and only Son.” and just ends there. it also says “THAT WHOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM SHALL NOT PERISH BUT HAVE ETERNAL LIFE.”
————-so how do we say that we believe? Romans 10:9-10 says:
9That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.
—-Lord is Master, what the Master says, we follow, or else how can we say that He is our Lord if we don’t follow what He says? that would be hypocrisy and we don’t want to be that..
*Can we be then called as HIS CHILDREN?
Absolutely! John1:12 says:
12Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God—
What now, are we GUILTY? Or are we HIS CHILDREN?
Everybody is guilty, but that guilt can be cleansed if we:
- Believe in our hearts that Jesus Christ died for our sins;
- Humbly ask God to forgive our sins and commit to God our turning away from those sins;
- Stop trusting ourselves and put our trust in what Christ did for us;
- Make Jesus the Lord and Master of our lives, seeking to give Him the glory in everything that we do.
And if we continue to live our lives for God, then we are NO LONGER GUILTY in His Eyes, but WE HAVE BECOME HIS CHILDREN.
—all Glory and Praises to God, the Lord and Master of our lives. ♥