Monday, June 23, 2014

Book Cover Project

I started this project last June 19, 2014. I dovetail covering books with teaching during certain lessons which are not busy. As I've heard before, "People are more important than projects," And so this principle applies, teaching is my priority and covering books -- just on the sides. This is the reason why it takes more time as compared to just being focused on covering itself.

So the goal of this personal project is to cover the books that I consider dear to me in an effort to care for these (mostly) Spiritual treasures. As of today, June 23, I've finished covering the following books:
image

Coming from the same batch, these (already pre-covered) are the only ones remaining and my target date to finish is tomorrow:
image

After these would be second batch:
image

Believe me when I say that it took me a loooooooooooong time to finally start with this! And well, it would be funny to include that it took me a painful experience to start this. haha. :)
Lord is a purposeful God. I'd be laughing to say that this is one of His purposes for some few things I'm going through recently. 

Of course that's not primary! The highest purpose will always be for me to be more and more like Christ (Rom. 8:28-29) in my responses to situations, and dealing with my earthly relationships, if this is so, His Name is glorified in me. It's always about His glory! His excellencies we proclaim through these limited lives. <3 

Plus, we can be more effective, more compassionate Biblical counselors to our siblings in the faith who may go through similar situations. We can most surely comfort them with the same comfort that we received directly from the Lord (2 Cor. 1:3-4). We'll be the Lord's vessels of comfort.

No matter how we fail, or how unbiblical our responses might have become at times, or how painful things may get... be assured... that if we are true followers of Christ, nothing is wasted. His purposes are always multidimensional. Lean on that. :)

"So all of us who have had that veil removed can see and reflect the glory of the Lord. And the Lord--who is the Spirit--makes us more and more like him as we are changed into his glorious image."--2 Cor. 3:18